Space Sciences Committee Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Baltic Sea & Space Cluster has orgnized the conference entitled “Remote sensing. Challenges in gather and sharing data”. The conference took place in Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences, Sopot, 19th September 2019.
“Young Stars” Presentations:
- Use and processing satellite data to ensure the marine environment safety – Igor Antoon, Katarzyna Barton–Elwart, Aleksandra Chwalczuk, Maria Kaciuba, Adam Labuhn, Paweł Mering, Krystian Zagrobelny, Representatives of Student Cluster BSSC, University of Business and Administration in Gdynia;
- Universal Space Traffic Management System as an Indispensable Instrument for the Prevention of Contamination of Outer Space Environment – Wojciech Zawadzki, University of Business and Administration in Gdynia;
- Small Satellites – Big Radars – Mateusz Dyrda, Robotics Association SKALP;
- HAB Risk – Satellite monitoring and forecasting of the Cyanobacteria Blooms for the Baltic Sea coastline – Łukasz Mosdorf, N7 Mobile
- 3DSS-DX-450 – a new quality of hydrographic data acquisition – Weronika Motyl, Marine Technology.
- eCUDO – platform for gathering and sharing oceanographic data, from satellite sensors to sea bottom instruments – Mirosław Darecki, Marcin Wichorowski, Mirosława Ostrowska, Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences;
- Green economy – “A new engine of growth” – University of Business and Administration in Gdynia, Independent Senior Advisor Circular Economy;
- Protection of intellectual property in space – Paweł Chyc, University of Business and Administration in Gdynia;
- Sat4Envi Project – collection and use of satellite data, also for South Baltic Sea area – Bożena Łapeta, Piotr Struzik, Institute of Meteorology and Water Management – National Research Institute, Kraków;
- Copernicus satellite data and products derived therefrom support for land, sea and ocean – Karolina Wróbel, Institute of Geodesy and Cartography;
- Space sector – a challenge for the Pomeranian region – Adam Mikołajczyk, Marshal Office of the Pomeranian Region.
The conference ended with a poster session and discussion.