The 18th Annual International Symposium on Economic Theory, Policy & Application organized by the Economics Unit of ATINER (Head: Dr. Henry Thompson, Emeritus Professor, Auburn University, USA) will take place in Athens, from 26 to 29 June 2023. The conference is sponsored by the Athens Journal of Business and Economics. In total, the scientific works of 112 researchers (82 papers, see https://www.atiner.gr/2023eco) from 29 countries (Australia, Armenia, Canada, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Africa, Spain, Turkiye, UAE, UK & US) will be presented. This symposium is co-organized with the Management Unit (Head: Sharon Claire Bolton, Emeritus Professor, The Management School, University of Stirling, Scotland, U.K.), the Marketing Unit (Head: Cleopatra Veloutsou, Professor of Brand Management, Department of Business and Management, University of Glasgow, Scotland, U.K.) and the Mathematics & Statistics Unit (Head: Dr. Codruta Simona Stoica, Professor and Vice-Rector, Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania).
- Christina Anderl, Senior Lecturer, London South Bank University, UK.
Title: Forecasting Inflation with a Zero Lower Bound and Negative Interest Rates: Evidence from Point and Density Forecasts.
- Demetra Arsalidou, Associate Professor, Cardiff University, UK.
Title: Bonus Caps, Deferrals and Clawbacks: A Banking Regulation Quandary.
- Seyit Mümin Cilasum, Professor, TED University, Turkey.
Title: Propagation of Immigration Shocks through Firm to Firm Trade Networks.
- Alessandro Ganoulis, PhD Student, The University of Law, UK.
Title: Decoy Effects from memory and Loss Aversion.
- Claudia Garcia-Garcia, Assistant Professor, University of Madrid, Spain.
Catalina B. Garcia-Garcia, Full Professor, University of Granada, Spain.
Román Salmeron-Gomez, Full Professor, University of Granada, Spain.
Title: Interactions in Environmental Studies: A New Approach for Mitigating Potential Multicollinearity.
- Eylem Gevrek, Assistant Professor, Catolica Porto Business School, Portugal.
Title: What Explains the Gender Gap in Gender Role Attitudes? Evidence on Intergenerational Transmission of Gender Social Norms among Immigrants.
- Konstantinos Giannakas, Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA.
Title: The Role of Cooperatives in Innovation Licensing.
- José-Manuel Giménez-Gómez, Professor, University of Rovira i Virgili, Spain.
Title: Allocating Remaining Carbon Budgets and Mitigation Costs.
- Daniel Gomez Abella, Lecturer, University of La Sabana, Colombia.
Title: Ex-post Evaluation of RTAs of Colombia: A Partial Analysis with Structural Gravity Model.
- Leonard Grebe, Research Assistant, Technical University of Darmstdt, Germany.
Title: Day-of-the-week Effect – A Meta-Analysis.
- Xiao Han, Lecturer, University of Toronto, Canada.
Dusiying Jin, Student, White Oaks Secondary School, Canada.
Title: Contamination in Drinking Water Environment and the Associated Public Health Risk from Mining Discharge Pollution: A Comparative Study Chile, China and US.
- Xinyu Hou, Researcher, University of Cambridge, UK.
Philip Dybvig, Professor, Washington University in St. Louis, USA.
Title: Gambling for Redemption or Ripoff, and the Impact of Superpriority.
- Mohsen Javdani, Associate Professor, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
Title: Economics Students and Ideological Bias: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Experiment.
- Ioannis Kallianiotis, Professor, University of Scranton, USA.
Title: Exchange Rate Forecasting: The Fundamental Forecasting Model.
- Javier Martinez Morales, Professor, Autonomous University of Chihuahua, Mexico.
Title: Is there a Relationship Between Human Development and Life Satisfaction? The Case of Mexico.
- Ainara Rodriguez-Sanchez, Professor, UNED-National Distance Education University, Spain.
Román Salmeron-Gomez, Professor, University of Granada, Spain.
Catalina Garcia-Garcia, Professor, University of Granada, Spain.
Title: Multicollinearity Problem in Economic Models with Panel Data.
- Norman Sedgley, Professor, Loyola University Maryland, USA.
Title: The Skilled Worker Premium and Labor’s Share of Income: Recent Trends in US Manufacturing.
- Akira Shimada, Associate Professor, Nagasaki University, Japan.
Title: Study Migrants’ Skilled Human Capital Formation under Deregulated Immigration Policies in an Overlapping Generations Economy.
- Konstantinos Spanos, Lecturer, Oxford Brookes University, UK.
Title: Dynamic Instability and Solvency Condition of Public Debt within a Panel of Euro Area Countries.
- Nafisa Vaz, Research Associate, Goa Institute of Management, India.
Title: Social Media Marketing in Hospitals: Ethical Considerations during a Pandemic.
- Lina Vyas, Associate Professor, The Education University of Hong Kong, China.
Title: Hong Kong Civil Service Work from Home Arrangement and Work-Life Balance: The Policy Responses to the Pandemic.
- Jan Peter Wogart, Research Fellow, German Institute For Global And Area Studies, Germany.
Title: Highs and Lows of Brazilian Developmentalism in The 20th and 21st Centuries.
- Masayuki Yao, Lecturer, Hakuoh University, Japan.
Title: The Envelope Theorem for Optimization Problems with Composite Modeling Structure.
- Berna Bridge, Lecturer, Oxford International Study Centre, UK.
Title: Is Collegiality an Attainable Ideal in the Turkish Culture?
- Kenneth Chau, Associate Professor, University of British Columbia, Canada.
Bushra Usman, Αssociate Professor, Forman Christian College (A Chartered University), Pakistan.
Title: Green Venturing: What to Learn.
- Paul Davidson, Associate Professor, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
Title: Managing Trust and New Technology: Lesons from the History of Military Decision Making.
- Mehmet Gençer, Professor, Izmir University of Economics, Turkey.
Title: Data Literacy in Business Curriculum: A Case Study of Student Reception and Success Factors.
- Lihang Liu, PhD Student, Shanghai International Studies University, China.
Zheng Fan, Professor, Shanghai International Studies University, China.
Peihua Fan, Associate Professor, Shanghai International Studies University, China.
Title: How does Cultural Distance affect Chinese Companies’ Outward Foreign Investment? Evidence from the Belt and Road.
- Jamal Maalouf, Assistant Professor, American University of Sharjah, UAE.
Title: Perpetual Crisis and Small Business Survival: SME Experiences and Strategies from Beirut, Lebanon.
- Yohann Mauger, Assistant Professor, Jing Liu, Assistant Professor, USA.
Richard Gilson, Associate Professor, Northern Kentucky University, USA.
Denise Luethge, Professor, Northern Kentucky University, USA.
Title: A Minimum Viable Product Approach for Innovation and New Program Launch in Business Education.
- Alireza Nazarian, Senior Lecturer, University of Westminster, UK.
Title: Cultural Perception toward Leadership Style and Its Impact on OCB Please.
- Siphiwe Ndlovu, Lecturer, University of Zululand, South Africa.
Angelo Nicolaides, Professor, University of Zululand, South Africa.
Title: Karl Jaspers and the Eastern Orthodox View of Transcendence: A Comparative Analysis.
- Arthur Pantelides, Associate Professor, Virginia Wesleyan University, USA.
Title: Utilization of the SOT Hierarchical Framework for Successful Strategic Implementation Management.
- J. Stagliano, Professor, Saint Joseph’s University, USA.
Title: Did Firms with “Lean” Management Fare Better than Others in the COVID-19 Pandemic? Some Recent Empirical Evidence on Profitability.
- Andreia Vitória, Assistant Professor, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
Carolina Carlos, PhD Student, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
Title: The Impact of Servant Leadership Perceptions on Employees’ Job Burnout Levels.
- Florence Dzame, United States International University Africa, Kenya.
Title: A Study of Gender-based Institutional Barriers to Progression into Leadership Roles for Women Journalists in Kenya.
- Simona Stan, Professor, University of Montana, USA.
Liviu Rosca, Professor, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Romania.
Title: Effectiveness of High-Impact Study-Abroad Programs: A USA-Romania Case Study.
- Khaled Aboulnasr, Chair & Associate Professor, Florida Gulf Coast University, USA.
Title: Brand Activism Backlash: The Role of Social Identity Threat and Negative Emotions.
- Adnane Alaoui, Senior Lecturer, Liverpool John Moores University, UK.
Natalia Guilluy-Sulikashvili, Associate Professor, Lille Catholic University, France.
Title: Does Word-Of-Mouth’s Weight Differ between Countries? A Comparative Study of China, England and Russia.
- Mihai-Florin Bacila, Associate professor, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania.
Title: Enhancing the RFM Based Segmentation for Telecommunications Companies.
- Juan Carlos Chica Mesa, Associate Professor, National University of Colombia, Colombia .
Manuela Salazar Garcia, Student, National University of Colombia, Colombia.
Title: Concentration and Attention in Games Applied to Education Project.
- Raluca Ciornea, Lecturer, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania.
Title: Influence of Horizontal Downward Extension over the Luxury Parent Brands: Fragrances as Extensions of Luxury Fashion Brands
- Batuhan Cullu, Research Assistant, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey.
Title: What Cruise Passengers Talk About? A Text Mining Approach to Explore Topics from Online Narratives.
- Siphiwe Dlamini, Senior Lecturer, University of Cape Town, South Africa.
Title: The Influence of Consumption Values on the Purchase Intention of Fast Fashion in South Africa.
- Oksana Domina, Researcher, University of Helsinki, Finland.
Title: Modern Stage of Marketing Development in Ukraine.
- Mahmood Hussain, Professor, San Francisco State University, USA.
Title: From Financial Socialization to Independent Decision: A Cross-Cultural Study of US Millennials’ Financial Behavior.
- Frédéric Jallat, Professor, ESCP Business School, France.
Title: Evaluating Standardization of Marketing Operations & Performance.
- Radmila Janicic, Professor, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
Title: The Experience Marketing in Promotion of Countries’ Cultures, Art and Literature.
- Warveni Jap, Assitant Professor, Thompson Rivers University, Canada.
Title: China’s BRI: Modern Global Connectivity, Prosperity, and Harmony.
- Nadia Jimenez, Associate Professor, University of Burgos, Spain>
Sonia San Martín, Full Professor, University of Burgos, Spain.
Paula Rodriguez-Torrico, Assistant Professor, University of Burgos, Spain.
Francisco Liebana-Cabanillas, Full Professor, University of Granada, Spain.
Cristina Torrego, Student, University of Burgos, Spain.
Title: Consumer Perception of Metaverse Experience.
- Sami Kajalo, Senior Lecturer, Aalto University, Finland.
Title: A Psychological Inquiry into Consumers’ Motivations to Participate in the Sharing Economy.
- Maria Kalyvaki, Assistant Professor, Minnesota State University, USA.
Title: A Study on Crisis Communication in the Food Industry and its Impact on Marketing.
- Ceren Koksal, Master Student, Istanbul University, Turkey.
Eda Yilmaz Alarcin, Associate Professor, Istanbul University, Turkey.
Title: The Effects of Cultural Values on Word-of-Mouth Marketing in Health Services.
- Laure Lavorata, Professor, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, France .
Yohan Gicquel, Assistant Professor, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, France.
Title: Champaign’s Brands and CSR: What is the Consumer’s Perception? What Issues?
- André Leroux, Professor, University of Poitiers, France.
Thomas Stenger, Full Professor, University of Poitiers, France.
Title: A Typology of Social Media: A Quantitative Approach Based on Consumers Use.
- Eva María Murgado-Armenteros, Associate Professor, University of Jaen, Spain.
Sergio Valdelomar-Munoz, PhD Student, University of Jaen, Spain .
Elisa Garrido-Castro, Assistant Professor, University of Jaen, Spain.
Title: Biodiversity as a Term for Improving Environmental Awareness: An Exploratory Analysis.
- Hiroshi Onishi, Associate Professor, Chuo University, Japan.
Title: Does Deregulation of Health Claims on Functional Food Package Design Change Consumers’ Purchase Behaviors?
- Tianjiao Qiu, Professor, California State University, USA.
Title: Entrepreneurial Knowledge and Country Risks on Entrepreneurial Market Expansion.
- Adel Sakr, Assistant Professor, Webster University Athens, Greece.
Title: A Content Analysis of Visual Metaphor in Print Advertising.
- Sanjay Sisodiya, Associate Professor, University of Idaho, USA.
Title: Managing Brand Equity: An Investigation of Brand Franchises.
- Simona Stan, Professor, University of Montana, USA.
Carmen Barb, Lecturer Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Romania.
Title: Local Branding: Effects of Conditions and Congruence among Local Identity Levels.
- Cansu Yildirim, Assistant Professor, Dokuz Eylül University, Turkiye.
Title: The Effect of Failure and Stability on Satisfaction, Negative WOM and Repurchase Intention: Insights from an Online Retailer’s Service Failure.
- Khalid Mohammed Alkhuzaim, Professor, Imam Mohammad ibn Saud Islamic University (IMSIU), Saudi Arabia.
Thamer Ali Alwahbi, Teacher, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Education, Saudi Arabia.
Title: The Availability Level of the Aesthetic Approach in Mathematics Textbooks for the Higher Grades at the Primary Stage in Saudi Arabia.
- Barbara Barańska, Associate Professor, Pedagogical University of Cracow, Poland.
Małgorzata Zambrowska, Associate Professor, The Maria Grzegorzewska University of Warsaw, Poland.
Title: No Teacher (Should Be) Left Behind: Teaching Mathematics as a Second Subject – Educational Challenges for Teacher Training Programs.
- Mihai Halic, Associate Professor, Gulf University for Science and Technology, Kuwait.
Title: Classical and modern applications of Linear Algebra in Mathematics and Science.
- Bhakti Bhusan Manna, Assistant Professor, IIT Hyderabad, India.
Title: One-Dimensional Concentrating Solutions for a Class of Super-Linear Elliptic Equations in R^3.
- Gohar Marikyan, Professor, Empire State University of SUNY, USA.
Title: Teaching Mathematics with Visuals.
- Laurent Moutet, Researcher, Rectorat of the Amiens Academy, France.
Title: A Project on Stick Insects in Priority Education in France.
- Victor Oxman, Professor, Western Galilee College, Israel.
Title: Using Hint Buttons in GeoGebra applets when teaching Geometric Proofs.
- Jocelyn Quainatnce, Lecturer, University of Pennsylvenia, USA.
Title: Is the Addition of Arrows Commutative?
- Philippe Rychelynck, Associate Professor, University of Littoral-Côte-d’Opale, France.
Title: On Regular Arrangements of Lines in the Plane.
- Tea Shavadze, Scientist, Ilia Vekua Institute of Applied Mathematics (VIAM) of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia.
Title: On the representation of a solution for the Perturbed Quasi-Linear Controlled Neutral Functional Differential Equation.
- Desta Sodano, Lecturer, Wolkite University, Ethiopia.
Title: Time Series Modelling of Road Traffic Accidents in West Arsi, Ethiopia.
- Codruta Stoica, Professor, Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania.
Title: Advances in the Study of Integral Type Properties.
- Milica Stojanović, Professor, University of Belgrade, Serbia.
Title: Upgrading the Axiomatic System to 4-Dimensional Space – Axioms of Incidence.
- Ryszard Wojnar, Researcher, Institute of Fundamental Technological Research PAS, Poland>
Jolanta Wołowicz, Researcher, Institute of Fundamental Technological Research PAS, Poland.
Andrzej Lissowski, Researcher, Institute of Fundamental Technological Research PAS, Poland.
Title: Why Colouring? Voronoi Tessalation and Crystallization.
- Qichuan Xia, Student, Narrabundah College, Australia.
Xiaoyan Liu, Professor, University of La Verne, USA.
Title: Investigating on Selected Factors that Could Affect the Public Transportation Patronage.
- Getachew Dagne, Professor, University of South Florida, USA.
Title: Piecewise Regression Mixture Models with Skewness.
- Claudia Franceschini, Research Fellow, University of Padua, Italy.
Danila Azzolina, Assistant Professor, University of Ferrara, Italy.
Dario Gregori, Full Professor, University of Padua, Italy.
Title: Importance of Evaluating the Quality of Teaching Statistics in Biomedical Education: A Text Mining Approach for Identifying Areas for Improvement
- Anant Godbole, Professor, East Tennessee State University, USA.
Title: Statistics and Biostatistics Instruction to Rural High School Students and Teachers in Tennessee.
- Sahika Gokmen, Assistant Professor, Ankara Hacı Bayram Veli University, Turkey.
Title: Ranking of Countries According to the Index of Economic Freedom with Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Methods.
- Ampalavanar Nanthakumar, Professor, State University of New York at Oswego, USA.
Title: A Copula based Investigation about the Effect of the Sample Size on the Range Distribution.