Tech Tour Tomorrow.Blue Economy 2023 will take place in Barcelona, Spain on 7-8 November, 2023 with an exciting live event within the framework of Smart City Expo World Congress and Tomorrow.BlueEconomy, to be held in Fira Barcelona Gran Via Venue.
Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) is the worldwide leading event for cities, held in Barcelona since 2011. Its mission is to empower cities and collectivize urban innovation across the globe. Tomorrow.BlueEconomy (TBE) is the new global summit dedicated to promoting and developing the potential of the Blue Economy, gathering national and international experts on the blue economy and the sectors that make it up.
The Tech Tour Tomorrow.Blue Economy programme is designed to help start-ups based in EU or with EU deployment developing sustainable solutions in the broad Oceans & Climate and Maritime Supply Chain areas to boost their investment readiness and build relations with investors. Entrepreneurs get exposure to potential strategic partners and investors, networking opportunities with corporate investors and venture capitalists through participation in series of online and onsite activities.
The Programme is organised by Tech Tour and co-hosted by Fira de Barcelona, Port of Barcelona and Barcelona City Council through Barcelona Activa.
Meet 30 game-changers in Blue Economy
7 – 8 November 2023, Barcelona, Spain, (Fira Barcelona – Gran Via Venue)
- Investment and partnership around 30 selected companies in the following sectors:
- Oceans & Climate: Clean Ocean (Blue Biotechnology; Maritime transport; Marine living resource; Marine non-living resources; Infrastructure and Robotics; Shipbuilding & repair; Coastal tourism; Port Activities; Ocean energy; Marine Renewable Energy; GHG reduction and CCU; Desalination; Aquaculture; Environmental & Pollution solutions; Maritime defense; New sources of ocean harvest)
- Maritime Supply Chain/Smart Ports: Freight Systems (Maritime; Rail; Track & Trace; Logistic systems; Smart storage; Cold chain tech; Autonomous trucks; Digital twin & cybersecurity; AI & Analytics; IOT & Blockchain; AR/VR/XR systems; Robotics and handling; Safety and security; Reskilling and upskilling; Hiring, training & skills)
- Emerging phase companies seeking Seed or series A investments looking to refine their strategies, secure investment, create strategic partnership, and are interested in new opportunities and approaches
- 40+ investors, VCs, corporate, clusters, and experts guests will take part at the event
- Selection or invitation-only for the best entrepreneurs and most active investors, corporations, and governmental experts
- Company application period: 7 June – 30 August 2023
- Company selection announced: 27 September 2023
- Entrepreneurs Kick-off: 3 October 2023
- Online Academy (dry-runs for the selected presenting companies): 11-12 October 2023
- Onsite networking event in Tomorrow.BlueEconomy as co-located event of Smart City Expo World Congress: 7 – 8 November 2023 in Barcelona, Spain